Amrod has a vacancy for a receptionist.
Minimum Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Standard 8 / Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Standard 10/Grade 12 will be advantageous.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar pressurised Switchboard Operator / Receptionist position.
- Proficient in Business English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent communication and telephone skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office and email management).
Behavioural Dimensions Required:
- Honest and hardworking.
- Pleasant and engaging personality.
- Presentable and approachable.
- Friendly and helpful.
- Good sense of urgency.
- Protect the integrity of the company at all times.
- Work well under pressure in a highly pressurised environment.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Team player.
Brief Description of Key Performance Areas:
- Receive and direct all visitors to the relevant department or person.
- Handle all incoming calls on a very busy switchboard professionally and correctly redirect calls as necessary.
- Assist applicants with the completion of application forms and direct to the appropriate office.
- Receive parcels and deliveries according to SOP.
- Maintain and exceed call answer percentage.
- Assist with other administrative functions as may be assigned.
- Deal speedily with all matters arising in reception.
- Provide weekly feedback to direct manager on any issues / specific challenges etc. that arose.
- Assist in other positions and departments in accordance to operational requirements.
- Ensure that all tasks are executed in a safe manner with due regard for Amrod’s policies and procedures.
- Report unsafe acts / working conditions / injury on duty to the supervisor / manager / safety manager immediately.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Ensure that the reception area is neat and tidy.
Additional Information: N.B.: 1. All applications must be routed via the applicant’s Departmental Manager or the Human Resources department with an updated CV and motivational letter from the applicant. 2. The Company will take into consideration its Employment Equity Policy when candidates are selected. 3. Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements of this position will be considered and/or contacted. 4. If you have not received a response within 5 working days from the date of submission of your CV, please accept that you application was unsuccessful.